Thursday, October 24, 2013

Hello Baby || Week 11

Dear Baby,

From the first moment we found out we were expecting, I couldn't wait to meet you.  I wonder if you will have your daddy's twinkly eyes and curly hair, or if you will have my straight hair and big eyes.  I wonder if you will be a talker or an observer.  But most of all I just can't wait to hold you in my arms.  Right now you are the size of a lime and weigh approximately .3 pounds.  It is amazing how such a small being already takes up so  much space in my heart.  Some days it stops me right in my busy-ness and I can't help but smile and think, We are having a baby!

Daddy and I are praying that you will be healthy and strong, but most of all we want to raise you to love Jesus and serve Him with your life.  I will be honest...sometimes I get a little scared when I think that I am accountable for you...  That I will be training and responsible for such a special person.  However, your mommy has had a great example to learn from.  Reading parenting books has caused me to reflect on my own childhood and realize what wonderful grandparents you have. My dad and mom both took the preaching they heard and applied it in the home.  I never had to wonder why my parents did one thing at church and another thing at home.  I am only now starting to understand how much love they had for me.  Love enough to discipline and train, love enough to parent and not try to be my friend.  Because of their faithfulness, I have a wonderful relationship with them and I cannot wait for you to meet your grandparents.

I am still in awe of the fact that God has chosen to give us you and we cannot wait for your arrival in May!

Love,
Mommy

PS  Currently your favorite snacks are Welch's fruit snacks and apples. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover