Sunday, April 24, 2016

Happy 2nd birthday, my big adventurer!

Dear Keegan,

How quickly the last two years have gone.  Seems like just yesterday, we were bringing all 7lbs, 11oz of you home from the hospital.  You made us first time parents, and you have filled our lives with so much joy; truly our cup runneth over.

Last night, was bittersweet as I tucked you in as a one year old for the last time.  Silly, I know, but as I prayed aloud with you and thanked God for giving you to us, I couldn't help but cry.  You make us so very happy and I can not imagine our lives without you.  I have not rocked you to sleep for some time, but last night for some reason you called me back into your room and climbed from your bed onto my lap where you laid your head on my shoulder.  My heart could have burst with love right then and there.  Your cake was sitting in the kitchen, waiting to be frosted, and the dishes were piled in the sink, yet all I wanted to do was savor that moment.  I sang you the song, I used to sing to you daily when you were a baby,

I love you, Keegan, oh yes, I do.
I love you, Keegan, and I'll be true.
When you're not with me, I'm blue.
Oh, Keegan, I love you.

In that moment, I was taking a trip down memory lane and remembering the countless nights of waking up with you and rocking and singing you back to sleep.  The days when you were content just to lay in my arms and do absolutely nothing else.  The days when I could kiss you all over your face and you didn't mind at all.  Oh, Keegan, I love you so much!

I pray that God gives us wisdom to raise you and I pray that you will have a wonderful year.  Happy birthday, my big adventurer!

Love, 
Momma

 
 

1 comment:

  1. What a dear post. Dad and I are extremely proud of the parents you and Jack are. Keegan is one blessed little man! Btw, that songs sounds a little bit familiar...;)

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover