Wednesday, March 9, 2016

You made me 'Momma'

Dear Keegan,

Since we have been having such nice weather lately, you and I have been going on long walks around the neighborhood.  The other day, I was pulling you in the wagon and you were pointing out all the squirrels and birds you saw and were  making car noises anytime a truck or bus drove by.  Everything about the moment was so surreal - the calm breeze, the smell of spring, and the birds chirping.  In that moment, I suddenly got a big lump in my throat and felt tears springing to my eyes, I looked at you with your big eyes taking in the world around and your chubby fingers pointing at all the little scampering animals and it hit me that you aren't going to be my baby for much longer.

I whispered, I love you, as I swallowed that lump and blinked back the tears. I told you again how that you are going to be getting a little brother, named Judson in just 5 months and that he would be your new playmate and our little baby.

Things will be different...in a good way, I told you.

I thought about our little routines and how much I enjoy being your Momma.

You were the first little boy to steal my heart and make me burst with so much love and joy that I didn't even know my heart had room for.  I call you 'my little buddy' because that's what you are.  You follow me around the house and like to help me with whatever I am doing, whether making dinner, dusting furniture, or fixing my hair.  I want you know how very special you are, after all you were the first one to call me, Momma, and that is by far the highest calling in my life.  I love you, my little buddy, forever and always.

Love,
Momma

{Us on one of our walks}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover